Wednesday, November 19, 2008

#7 Holidays... What a waste of effort.


If I were to create a holiday, I would create a Day of Laziness. It would always be celebrated on a Monday, since no one likes Mondays, and if they do, they're on crack. On this day, you would do only the things that are critical to your existence. For example, eating and going to the bathroom would be mandatory. Moving, talking, going to work, showering, or anything involving the use of your brain is prohibited. This holiday was developed when the pilgrims first arrived in America. They were lazy and needed someone to do their work for them. They used their mighty white powers and killed most of the "Indians." They panicked at their lack of servants and brought over some people from Africa to beat and not feed for their own use. Once the African Americans started realizing they were human beings and started going against The Man, the Americans panicked once again. They then turned to third world countries and Mexicans to do their work. Americans have a history of being lazy, and seem to think that they have supremacy over everyone and everything. Since we're almighty, why not create a holiday to do what we always do? We need a break from our "stressful" lives. We deserve it, right? Yay, America! Oh, beautiful, for spacious skies...

1 comment:

One Moment Can Change Everything said...

For some reason I have an idea who this is because of the one word you used but I guess I can’t say haha I just thought it was funny. But yea anyway I liked your holiday a lot. I agree with the Monday thing because I swear I dread Mondays. There like the worst day of all. One because it’s the beginning of the week, and secondly Your always so tired because you been up all weekend and most likely you were up all Sunday night doing your homework. Not to say that if we didn’t have school Monday that you wouldn’t put it off till Monday night but still I would feel a lot better knowing I only have 4 days in the week of school. Not only that, but the idea of not having to do anything would be great. But the only thing that was weird to me was that you said that people couldn’t take showers or do anything that has to do with using your brain, and frankly that was a dumb sentence because anything you do is using you brain. The minute you step out of bed your brain is like flowing with thoughts and things for you to do. So while I think it’s a good thing to be lazy on a Monday I don’t agree that we can’t take showers or do anything constructive. But yea overall I liked the holiday.