Wednesday, October 29, 2008

#5 What the frap is that?

This beast is, for lack of a better name, a Bird Frog. It is a cross breed of a bird and a frog. It eats a wide variety of insects, such as grasshoppers and worms. Instead of talons, this creature has frog feet. It can jump like a frog, yet it still has wings and can fly. It has a beak and a long, sticky tongue that can snap out to catch its prey. This amazing creature can also breathe under water. Its water-repellent feathers help it to stay dry in case it needs to fly. It can hop away from predators, or soar away. Predators include snakes and mammals, such as raccoons. These creatures are extremely rare, as their legs are a delicacy in many countries, such as Asia and India. They can also be eaten like a chicken. Though there is little meat on these majestic creatures, it is very rich and succulent.

1 comment:

SGirl said...

The Bird Frog sure seems like an interesting insect. You did a great job describing it to me. I could really get a picture of how it looked, before I even looked at your picture. I liked how at first you went into detail about how it looks and what it does, then at the end you said how people eat it. That made me laugh. I don't think I would ever eat a frog, but I have eaten some kind of bird. So you never know maybe I would consider eating a Bird Frog! Especially if it takes like chicken, I do love chicken... Okay anyways, great blog "Catastrophe By Association!"